We are looking for a Chief Accounting Officer. Our lead accounting executive will provide financial leadership and be instrumental in forming accounting strategies in the company, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
Provide timely and accurate financial statements that fairly represent the affairs of the corporation and in accordance with generally accepted accounting practice suitable to the business of the corporation.
The Controller may have broad visionary responsibilities as well as hands-on management.
- Ensuring all accounting allocations are appropriately made and documented.
- Performing cash management functions
- Overseeing accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash disbursements, payroll and bank reconciliation functions.
- Ensuring checks and balances in the system.
- Establishing and executing internal controls over the company’s accounting and financial procedures, including: reviewing and approving all invoices to be paid, reviewing accounts receivable aging reports, and performing collections on invoices, especially those that are overdue.
- Coordinating with external tax accountants for income tax preparation and auditors who prepare internal audits of the company, including maintenance of company records
- Performing all banking and finance activities, including negotiating lines of credit and vendor agreements, as well as reviewing all financial contracts, financing agreements and insurance policies.
- Providing accurate and comprehensive financial information to executive management for long-term financial strategizing.
- Preparing financial statements, balance sheets, cash flow reports, budgets, budget-to-actuals
- Preparing in-depth financial analysis and providing expert financial perspective and opinions.
- Assessing risk, analyzing efficiency, and informing policy decisions made by executive management.
- Requires Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- Five years Senior Controller experience
- Proficiency in spreadsheet design.
- Prefer Active CPA license