The Director of Sales and Marketing will have both strategic and tactical responsibilities for upstream and downstream marketing activities related to a fast-paced, dynamic beverage company that is paving the way for cutting edge products in the marketplace. This person will define the marketing strategy and follow through to commercial execution. The position will report to the CEO and work closely with the senior staff, key opinion leaders and marketing team.
Area of Responsibility
Lead the oversight and management of the off-premise channel performance within a given market, including driving activity for targeted accounts. Focus driving performance in the channel, while building and maintaining equity for strategic and regional brand priorities in the off-premise.
- Ability to build successful partnerships with the sales force, develop relationships with key opinion leaders and to modify strategies and tactics when necessary based on voice of customer and emerging trends.
- Effective communication skills with all levels of management and organizations.
- Experience launching new products and market development.
- Proven track record in product marketing in the alcohol space.
- Plan and oversee company participation in trade shows.
- Prior experience in international alcohol marketing.
- Meets with new prospects, key clients, assisting the sales team with maintaining relationships, prospecting, negotiating, and closing business.
- Responsible for appropriate identification of key markets and supporting deployment and travel schedule strategies.
- Knowledgeable of competitive set and recommends sales/pricing strategies, service and product improvements to stay competitive.
- Perform financial analysis including pricing and margin analysis, cost analysis, forecasting sales, and budget preparation.
- Plan and oversee advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media and direct mail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple priorities, operating as a team and independently, adapting to changing requirements.
• Distributor planning: Partner with Market Manager and appropriate distributor(s) to ensure effective execution for the off-premise channel
• Account selection: Participate in the selection of 30 assigned target accounts in addition to the broader channel management focus
• Strategic planning: Develop strategic plans for both the assigned target accounts as well as the execution and brand initiatives for the selling period. Key elements of account plans may include:
– Target distribution levels by brand and format
– Merchandising, display and shelf-set targets
– Quality measures
– Retail pricing
• Sell-in: Leverage selling tools to engage the distributor sales team on selling the appropriate Wild Tonic products and programming to off-premise accounts based on the strategic plan and Wild Tonic standards, as well as within the role’s target accounts
• Quality: Educate assigned target accounts on appropriate shelf and display standards
• Total Channel Management: Oversee and assist in managing the off-premise channel for the market with the local Market Manager, measuring:
• Display Execution
• National Account execution support
• Program Execution within independent accounts
• Display and Storage Standards
• Distributor training/communication through work-with and sales meetings
• Administrative Management
• Account Planning/Recaps
• Recapping work-with
• Performance Management Tracking
• T&E Management
Background / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 year’s relevant experience
- Retail account management experience preferred
- Exposure to retail marketing preferred
- Exposure to beverage industry preferred
- Analytical experience preferred
Wild Tonic behaviors:
- Attention to detail
- Team oriented
- Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Able to follow direction
- Time Management
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-pace environment
- Professional and ethical conduct