A rare cousin of kombucha, Jun is made by fermenting tea and honey with a SCOBY. The Jun SCOBY (culture) and kombucha SCOBY (Symbiotic Colony of Bacteria and Yeast) look similar but thrive on a completely different basis. A Jun SCOBY is a distinct culture with its own benefits and unique flavor profile. Our authentic heirloom Jun SCOBY feeds on honey and is uniquely adapted to work with the host of bacteria, organisms and antimicrobial properties present in honey. The result of this fermentation is a delicious and health-advantageous drink that contains prebiotics, probiotics and amino acids, with a light and smooth taste. Jun is pleasing to the palate in comparison to traditional kombucha.
To preserve the probiotics, Wild Tonic Jun Kombucha is never pasteurized. Fermented with honey, Wild Tonic is both prebiotic and probiotic. Probiotics introduce good bacteria into the gut that is essential for beneficial digestive health. Prebiotics are carbohydrates that are not digestible. Their purpose is to fertilize and fuel the probiotics as they serve their purpose.
What makes Wild Tonic superior to other beverages?
- Exquisite flavor created by fermenting with honey rather than sugar
- Brewed with innovative proprietary processes, assuring the highest quality
- Packaged in our signature cobalt blue bottles, protecting the probiotics from harmful UV light
- Brewed with organic ingredients and naturally gluten free
- Unique flavor pairings of herbs, spices and botanicals that enhance the characteristics of honey
- Healthy alternative to sodas and other sugary drinks
The finest tea, along with filtered water, honey, and raw Jun culture are brewed together to create the extraordinary taste of Wild Tonic Jun Kombucha. Honey provides nutrition for the culture during the fermentation process, which then converts the honey into an effervescent drink, that is naturally low in sugar, calories, carbohydrates and caffeine. Make Wild Tonic a delicious part of your healthy lifestyle!